VirtualBox is An Open-Source Virtualization Application. Innotek GmbH is the company behind it. Sun Microsystems bought it in 2008, and then Oracle bought it in 2010. Oracle VM VirtualBox is the name given to it nowadays. VirtualBox is available for Windows, Linus, MacOS, Solaris, OpenSolaris, and other operating systems.
The Virtual Drive Image (.VDI) file is saved in VDI, or Virtual Drive Format. It’s one of the few disc image files that Oracle VM VirtualBox can read. VDI stands for virtual drive files, which can be mounted on Linux, Windows, and other operating systems as a separate hard disk. These files can allow the user to run programs written for different Operating System on a single hard drive.
What is VDI File?
A Virtual Disk Image (VDI) file is a digital representation of a physical hard drive. It provides the necessary disc space for establishing a virtual desktop environment. Oracle VirtualBox is a free, open-source hypervisor that lets you construct and run virtual machines on your computer.
For disc space, VirtualBox supports the VDI file format. You can get the Virtual Disk Image file from a variety of places and open it in VirtualBox’s root directory. It gives you the room you need to run a virtual desktop environment on your computer.
How to open VDI File?
You can get the Virtual Disk Image file from VirtualBox’s official website or another source. It’s time to learn how to use VirtualBox to open.vdi files.
To add a VDI file to VMware, follow the steps below.
- Locate the downloaded VDI file and paste it into VirtualBox’s root file directory.
- Now start VirtualBox and make a new virtual computer.
- Fill up the appropriate Operating System details and a suitable name. Next should be pressed.
- Then select the Use existing hard disc space option. To search the file explorer, click the folder icon.
- To assign this virtual disc space to this Virtual Machine, select the duplicated VDI file and click the Select button.
- You’ll be taken back to the Virtual Machine Wizard after selecting the VDI file. Finish the process by pressing the Next button.
- You’ll be taken back to the VirtualBox home page now. The freshly built Virtual Machine can now be used.
You may easily open the VirtualBox .VDI file and establish a virtual desktop environment in your machine by following the steps above. There is a potential that your VDI file will become corrupted while being added to VirtualBox. You won’t be able to open this file and add virtual hard disc space in this instance. As a result, specialized software is required to fix your corrupted VDI data.
A Qualified Solution
DRS VDI Recovery Tool is a professional program that can repair a corrupted Virtual Disk Image file in a few easy steps. You may also open VDI files without using VirtualBox using this program. The software has a number of innovative capabilities for quick and effective data recovery. Aside from that, it includes a user interface that is both basic and interactive. In little time, even a beginner user can restore the VDI file.
The VDI Recovery Tool is a useful program for repairing corrupted VDI files so that you may open them in VMware without difficulty. Examine the advantages of using this powerful tool now.
- Without having to go through the manual stages, you may easily fix the damaged file.
- This software is the quickest approach to recover files. It helps you save valuable time.
- It’s the safest option because it doesn’t affect the file’s content while restoring it.
- It offers a user interface that is both simple and interactive. The tool can be used by even the most inexperienced user without the need for assistance.